Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shady Grove

Shady Grove (thanks to Alex for teaching us this wonderful song)


Peaches in the summertime,
Apples in the fall,
If I can’t have the girl I love,
I don’t want none at all.

Chorus:
Shady Grove, my little love,
Shady Grove , my darlin’,
Shady Grove, my little love,
I’m bound to Shady Grove.

Wish I had a needle and thread,
Fine as I could sew,
I’d sew that pretty little girl to my side,
And down the road we’d go.

Chorus

Wish I had a banjo string,
Made of golden twine,
And every time I played on it,
I wish that girl was mine.

Chorus

Some folks come to fiddle and dance,
Some come here to tarry,
Some folks come to fiddle and dance,
I come hear to marry.

Chorus

Every night when I get home,
My wife I try to please her,
The harder I try the worse she gets,
Damned if I don’t leave her.

Chorus

Flyin’ around my little miss,
Flyin’ around my daisy,
Flyin’ around my little miss,
Damn near drives me crazy.

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment